According to sources in a bid to check the rampant plagiarism now increasingly being seen in Doctoral research theses, Osamania University on Thursday put in place a system to ensure there is no copying. Meanwhile recently the university has bought the Turnitin software at Rs 7.61 lakh per year, and has named Assistant Professor AS Chakravarthy as Coordinator, Anti-Plagiarism Software.
Furthermore the statement put out by the University said as many as 250 faculty members, including Deans, Heads of Departments and Chairpersons of different Boards of Studies will all be given access to the software. Moreover the scholars have to pay Rs 500 before they can run their theses through the software. The statement added “Given that around 1,000 theses are submitted annually in Osmania, this amount will go a considerable way towards meeting the operational costs of the Software”.
Further the University will also be holding training
and awareness programs for members of the faculty and research scholars on how
to use the software and why plagiarism cannot be accepted. Hence this announcement by Osmania University
comes just days after Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre is
taking strong steps to clamp down on the rising instances of plagiarism seen in
doctoral research thesis.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers