According to sources in a bid to check the rampant plagiarism now increasingly being seen in Doctoral research theses, Osamania University on Thursday put in place a system to ensure there is no copying. Meanwhile recently the university has bought the Turnitin software at Rs 7.61 lakh per year, and has named Assistant Professor AS Chakravarthy as Coordinator, Anti-Plagiarism Software.
Furthermore the statement put out by the University said as many as 250 faculty members, including Deans, Heads of Departments and Chairpersons of different Boards of Studies will all be given access to the software. Moreover the scholars have to pay Rs 500 before they can run their theses through the software. The statement added “Given that around 1,000 theses are submitted annually in Osmania, this amount will go a considerable way towards meeting the operational costs of the Software”.
Further the University will also be holding training
and awareness programs for members of the faculty and research scholars on how
to use the software and why plagiarism cannot be accepted. Hence this announcement by Osmania University
comes just days after Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre is
taking strong steps to clamp down on the rising instances of plagiarism seen in
doctoral research thesis.
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India