New Delhi sources reported that Tharoor commented that if BJP voted to power again in 2019, it will rewrite the Constitution and pave the way for the creation of a "Hindu Pakistan". Meanwhile Tharoor's comments invited flak from right wing groups who demanded apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for the "attack on Indian democracy and Hindus".
Meanwhile Tharoor commented at an event in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala "And that will enshrine the principle of Hindu Rashtra, that will remove equality for the minorities, and that will create a Hindu Pakistan and that is not what Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Sardar Patel, Maulana Azad and great heroes of freedom struggle fought for". Moreover angry BJP came out strongly against Tharoor over his comments, with party spokesman Sambit Patra calling it "extraordinary" as it was an "attack on the Indian democracy and Hindus".
Furthermore Sambit said it was an insult to compare
India's democracy to that of Pakistan, which he called "terroristan",
and demanded that the Congress stop "fear-mongering". He said "And
you (Shashi Tharoor) compare our democracy to Pakistan's? Thanks to the
Congress party, we have had black patches in our history, such as the Emergency
imposed by Indira Gandhi during which the Constitution was suspended for two
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?