New Delhi sources reported that Tharoor commented that if BJP voted to power again in 2019, it will rewrite the Constitution and pave the way for the creation of a "Hindu Pakistan". Meanwhile Tharoor's comments invited flak from right wing groups who demanded apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for the "attack on Indian democracy and Hindus".
Meanwhile Tharoor commented at an event in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala "And that will enshrine the principle of Hindu Rashtra, that will remove equality for the minorities, and that will create a Hindu Pakistan and that is not what Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Sardar Patel, Maulana Azad and great heroes of freedom struggle fought for". Moreover angry BJP came out strongly against Tharoor over his comments, with party spokesman Sambit Patra calling it "extraordinary" as it was an "attack on the Indian democracy and Hindus".
Furthermore Sambit said it was an insult to compare
India's democracy to that of Pakistan, which he called "terroristan",
and demanded that the Congress stop "fear-mongering". He said "And
you (Shashi Tharoor) compare our democracy to Pakistan's? Thanks to the
Congress party, we have had black patches in our history, such as the Emergency
imposed by Indira Gandhi during which the Constitution was suspended for two
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?