New Delhi sources reported that Tharoor commented that if BJP voted to power again in 2019, it will rewrite the Constitution and pave the way for the creation of a "Hindu Pakistan". Meanwhile Tharoor's comments invited flak from right wing groups who demanded apology from Congress president Rahul Gandhi for the "attack on Indian democracy and Hindus".
Meanwhile Tharoor commented at an event in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala "And that will enshrine the principle of Hindu Rashtra, that will remove equality for the minorities, and that will create a Hindu Pakistan and that is not what Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Sardar Patel, Maulana Azad and great heroes of freedom struggle fought for". Moreover angry BJP came out strongly against Tharoor over his comments, with party spokesman Sambit Patra calling it "extraordinary" as it was an "attack on the Indian democracy and Hindus".
Furthermore Sambit said it was an insult to compare
India's democracy to that of Pakistan, which he called "terroristan",
and demanded that the Congress stop "fear-mongering". He said "And
you (Shashi Tharoor) compare our democracy to Pakistan's? Thanks to the
Congress party, we have had black patches in our history, such as the Emergency
imposed by Indira Gandhi during which the Constitution was suspended for two
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment