Maheshwari Vidyalaya in Hyderabad has banned students from bringing eggs, noodles, rice and non-vegetarian food in their lunch boxes. Meanwhile this came to light after a city based child rights group, Balala Hakkula Sangham, was tipped off by a group of parents, who wished to maintain anonymity. Moreover the school administrator, Mounika, purportedly can be heard saying rice and noodles are not allowed as they make mothers “lazy”, who often pack previous day’s food that can make the children fall sick.
Moreover she can further be heard saying that non-vegetarian food is not allowed as children from specific communities where meat is prohibited might end up eating it from their peers’ lunch boxes, without realizing that it hurts the sentiments of their religion or community.
Further when speaking to TNM, Achyuta Rao, president of Balala Hakkula
Sangham, said that the school has been threatening parents saying they will
expel their children if they raise any objections to the food ban and they are
the primary sources of protein, the lack of which can have a serious impact on
the kids during their growing age from stunted mental growth to lack of body
building, such rules out rightly violate children’s rights to have nutritious
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack