According to sources the Congress had hit back at the BJP for its statement that the opposition party was trying to create a "partition like situation" in the country, saying that it was the BJP that was seeking to polarize people and divert attention from "real issues". Meanwhile in a sharp attack on the Congress, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had asked Congress chief Rahul Gandhi to clarify his remarks reported in a Urdu daily that his party was a Muslim party and that he was on a course correction path.
Previously the Congress has dismissed the media report as a "rumor" and had asserted that it was a party of 132 crore Indians. Moreover when taking on Ms Sitharaman, Congress spokesperson Sushmita Dev said it was expected that with just days to go for the monsoon session, the Defense Minister would take up issues which are "unnecessarily to create a controversy and move away from real issues".
Furthermore Congress' communications in-charge
Randeep Surjewala, responding to a question on the Urdu media report, said when
governance fails, rumors take precedence. He told "When the government is on
the path of lying, then rumors become the main policy of the government”. Further
after noting that the history of the Indian national movement and the history
of the Congress are well documented, Mr. Surjewala said the Congress is a party
of 132 crore Indians, and will remain so forever.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!