According to sources the Congress had hit back at the BJP for its statement that the opposition party was trying to create a "partition like situation" in the country, saying that it was the BJP that was seeking to polarize people and divert attention from "real issues". Meanwhile in a sharp attack on the Congress, senior BJP leader and Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had asked Congress chief Rahul Gandhi to clarify his remarks reported in a Urdu daily that his party was a Muslim party and that he was on a course correction path.
Previously the Congress has dismissed the media report as a "rumor" and had asserted that it was a party of 132 crore Indians. Moreover when taking on Ms Sitharaman, Congress spokesperson Sushmita Dev said it was expected that with just days to go for the monsoon session, the Defense Minister would take up issues which are "unnecessarily to create a controversy and move away from real issues".
Furthermore Congress' communications in-charge
Randeep Surjewala, responding to a question on the Urdu media report, said when
governance fails, rumors take precedence. He told "When the government is on
the path of lying, then rumors become the main policy of the government”. Further
after noting that the history of the Indian national movement and the history
of the Congress are well documented, Mr. Surjewala said the Congress is a party
of 132 crore Indians, and will remain so forever.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers