Sources from Mumbai reported that Chairman of India’s oil to telecom major Mukesh Ambani has overtaken Alibaba Group’s founder Jack Ma to become the richest person in Asia. Meanwhile a day after Reliance Industries’ stock entered the $100 billion market capitalization club, the stock went on to rally to breach the 7 lakh crore market valuation on Friday. As per Bloomberg Billionaires Index “With Reliance Industries trading up by 1.6%, Ambani’s net worth stood at $44.3 billion”.
Accordingly as per report Jack Ma’s wealth was at $44 billion. Alibaba Group Holding’s Ma has lost $1.4 billion in 2018. Moreover as per a Bloomberg report, Ambani added $4 billion to his fortune this year thanks to its petrochemical capacity doubling. In addition, investors have also lauded the success of his disruptive telecom venture Reliance Jio. Furthermore, Ambani recently also unveiled his plans on entering the ecommerce space by leveraging the 200+ million telecom subscribers that the company has amassed.
Furthermore after taking on incumbents such as
Idea, Airtel and Vodafone in the telecom space, Ambani now wants to take on
Amazon.com, Walmart, Paytm and the likes. Recently Ambani took over
Reliance Industries from his father Dhirubhai Ambani and has played an
important role in the company foraying into refining and petrochemicals in the
1990s and telecom and retail in the 2000s.
Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200! More than 200 people have lost their lives in a fatal boat accident in Tanzania. Tanzania is a small country located in East Africa, and Lake Victoria is an important lake separating Tanzania and Uganda. In such a situation, a huge accident has happened in Lake Victoria, with a boat. A boat has capsized, impacting the lives of more than 200 people on board the boat.
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app