Sources from Mumbai reported that Chairman of India’s oil to telecom major Mukesh Ambani has overtaken Alibaba Group’s founder Jack Ma to become the richest person in Asia. Meanwhile a day after Reliance Industries’ stock entered the $100 billion market capitalization club, the stock went on to rally to breach the 7 lakh crore market valuation on Friday. As per Bloomberg Billionaires Index “With Reliance Industries trading up by 1.6%, Ambani’s net worth stood at $44.3 billion”.
Accordingly as per report Jack Ma’s wealth was at $44 billion. Alibaba Group Holding’s Ma has lost $1.4 billion in 2018. Moreover as per a Bloomberg report, Ambani added $4 billion to his fortune this year thanks to its petrochemical capacity doubling. In addition, investors have also lauded the success of his disruptive telecom venture Reliance Jio. Furthermore, Ambani recently also unveiled his plans on entering the ecommerce space by leveraging the 200+ million telecom subscribers that the company has amassed.
Furthermore after taking on incumbents such as
Idea, Airtel and Vodafone in the telecom space, Ambani now wants to take on
Amazon.com, Walmart, Paytm and the likes. Recently Ambani took over
Reliance Industries from his father Dhirubhai Ambani and has played an
important role in the company foraying into refining and petrochemicals in the
1990s and telecom and retail in the 2000s.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam