The last word in English happens to be zyzzyva. As per the latest update of Oxford English Dictionary there are more than 600 words, phrases which have come into common usage. Some of these words include "zyzzyva", a type of south America based tropical weevils.
Zyzzyva replaces zythum, a malt beer, as the last entry of Oxford English dictionary. Zyzzyva means weevils of Zyzzyva category, which is dangerous to plants. The name zyzzyva was given by US entomologist Thomas Lincoln Casey, in 1922.
Quarterly update of Oxford also
includes post-truth, which was OED's word of the year for 2016 after Britain's
Brexit referendum and Donald Trump becoming president Brexit satisfied OED's
criterion that a new word must have featured in printed sources for several
HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan' According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy would meet the public at his home office in the city centre only once in a month, instead every week. An official said on Thursday "Doctors have advised him to meet people once a month”. Meanwhile Kumaraswamy, 58, who underwent
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees