As per report Director General of Police M Mahender Reddy said Hyderabad police's Community CCTV project 'Nenu Saitham' was a massive success in the city, with a 32% reduction in the overall crime rate in the last three years. Meanwhile with community involvement and active partnership in the project, the impact of CCTVs in Hyderabad city police jurisdiction saw a reduction in the number of chain snatching cases by a whopping 91% in as many years.
Moreover after convening a state wide conference on the community CCTV project in Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad, the DGP stated that the city police shared the best practices adopted in rapidly rolling out the Community CCTV Project to the police units in the 31 revenue districts. He said “Each CCTV acts as a force multiplier, with a potential of 100 police personnel, besides being trusted by the public and by the Courts”.
Furthermore in the conference the police forces
took a resolution to install 10 lakh CCTV cameras in GHMC limits and
15 lakh cameras for the entire state in the next three years. Presently with
the support of the District Police authorities at all levels, and Mahender
Reddy said the benefits of the CCTV project can be reaped through the
contributions and participation of local communities across the state.
Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos Sources from New Delhi stated that former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh said the phenomenon of “jobless growth” has deteriorated into “job-loss growth”. This together with rural indebtedness and urban chaos has made the growing number of aspiration youths restless. When hitting out at the government for failing to steer the economy to its potential, Dr Singh said the domestic challenges
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack