As per report Director General of Police M Mahender Reddy said Hyderabad police's Community CCTV project 'Nenu Saitham' was a massive success in the city, with a 32% reduction in the overall crime rate in the last three years. Meanwhile with community involvement and active partnership in the project, the impact of CCTVs in Hyderabad city police jurisdiction saw a reduction in the number of chain snatching cases by a whopping 91% in as many years.
Moreover after convening a state wide conference on the community CCTV project in Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Hyderabad, the DGP stated that the city police shared the best practices adopted in rapidly rolling out the Community CCTV Project to the police units in the 31 revenue districts. He said “Each CCTV acts as a force multiplier, with a potential of 100 police personnel, besides being trusted by the public and by the Courts”.
Furthermore in the conference the police forces
took a resolution to install 10 lakh CCTV cameras in GHMC limits and
15 lakh cameras for the entire state in the next three years. Presently with
the support of the District Police authorities at all levels, and Mahender
Reddy said the benefits of the CCTV project can be reaped through the
contributions and participation of local communities across the state.
Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi" New Delhi sources stated that declaring that "dictatorship has become a vocation" in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's regime, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi today said that people in Chhattisgarh will remember the attack on his party's workers in Bilaspur as an act of "political persecution".
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!