Andhra sources added that seven persons were declared missing on Sunday morning as authorities in Andhra Pradesh resumed their search and rescue operations following a boat capsize on Saturday evening. Meanwhile the incident occurred near Pasuvullanka in I. Polavaram Mandal (block) in East Godavari district and the boat, with around 30 to 40 people on board, capsized after hitting a pillar of an under-construction bridge.
Reports added local people, including fishermen, rescued around 20 people while the search was on for others missing. Meanwhile some media reports claimed that the boat did not have a license, the police have refuted the claim. Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Vishal Gummi, Superintendent of Police, East Godavari, said, "The boat was completely licensed and as of now, that is not an issue. It is a case of an accident, as the driver rammed into a pillar of an under-construction bridge."
Moreover when asked if it was negligence on part of
the driver, which led to the accident, the senior police official said,
"It is tough to say and as of now, we are focusing on rescue operations
and we have taken the driver into custody and have registered a case, where
they will launch a detailed investigation soon to find out how it
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam