Andhra sources added that seven persons were declared missing on Sunday morning as authorities in Andhra Pradesh resumed their search and rescue operations following a boat capsize on Saturday evening. Meanwhile the incident occurred near Pasuvullanka in I. Polavaram Mandal (block) in East Godavari district and the boat, with around 30 to 40 people on board, capsized after hitting a pillar of an under-construction bridge.
Reports added local people, including fishermen, rescued around 20 people while the search was on for others missing. Meanwhile some media reports claimed that the boat did not have a license, the police have refuted the claim. Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Vishal Gummi, Superintendent of Police, East Godavari, said, "The boat was completely licensed and as of now, that is not an issue. It is a case of an accident, as the driver rammed into a pillar of an under-construction bridge."
Moreover when asked if it was negligence on part of
the driver, which led to the accident, the senior police official said,
"It is tough to say and as of now, we are focusing on rescue operations
and we have taken the driver into custody and have registered a case, where
they will launch a detailed investigation soon to find out how it
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day