Andhra sources added that seven persons were declared missing on Sunday morning as authorities in Andhra Pradesh resumed their search and rescue operations following a boat capsize on Saturday evening. Meanwhile the incident occurred near Pasuvullanka in I. Polavaram Mandal (block) in East Godavari district and the boat, with around 30 to 40 people on board, capsized after hitting a pillar of an under-construction bridge.
Reports added local people, including fishermen, rescued around 20 people while the search was on for others missing. Meanwhile some media reports claimed that the boat did not have a license, the police have refuted the claim. Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Vishal Gummi, Superintendent of Police, East Godavari, said, "The boat was completely licensed and as of now, that is not an issue. It is a case of an accident, as the driver rammed into a pillar of an under-construction bridge."
Moreover when asked if it was negligence on part of
the driver, which led to the accident, the senior police official said,
"It is tough to say and as of now, we are focusing on rescue operations
and we have taken the driver into custody and have registered a case, where
they will launch a detailed investigation soon to find out how it
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers