Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
As per report therefore, no devotees would be allowed for the period between the evening of August 9 and the morning of August 17. TTD Board said "Pilgrims will not be allowed to enter Vaikuntham Queue Complex for darshan after 6 pm of August 9 and the darshan will resume to pilgrims only after 6 am from August 17 onward. Further as per the request the pilgrim devotees of Lord Venkateswara present across the globe to plan their pilgrimage accordingly".
Meanwhile when explaining the TTD's decision,
Sudhakar told reporters, "The last time "Maha Samprokshana"
was held, only 20,000- 30,000 devotees would visit the temple so, it was
possible to allow a limited number of them, but, presently over one lakh
devotees visit the temple on a daily basis”. Moreover according to TTD
officials, the temple's earnings during 2018-19 are expected to be Rs 2,894
crore, of which the offerings in temple 'Hundi' are likely to be Rs 1,156
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code