Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
As per report therefore, no devotees would be allowed for the period between the evening of August 9 and the morning of August 17. TTD Board said "Pilgrims will not be allowed to enter Vaikuntham Queue Complex for darshan after 6 pm of August 9 and the darshan will resume to pilgrims only after 6 am from August 17 onward. Further as per the request the pilgrim devotees of Lord Venkateswara present across the globe to plan their pilgrimage accordingly".
Meanwhile when explaining the TTD's decision,
Sudhakar told reporters, "The last time "Maha Samprokshana"
was held, only 20,000- 30,000 devotees would visit the temple so, it was
possible to allow a limited number of them, but, presently over one lakh
devotees visit the temple on a daily basis”. Moreover according to TTD
officials, the temple's earnings during 2018-19 are expected to be Rs 2,894
crore, of which the offerings in temple 'Hundi' are likely to be Rs 1,156
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar