Chennai sources added that actor turned politician Rajinikanth on Sunday extended his support to the One Nation One Election theory and said that this move will surely save public funds. Meanwhile when taking to twitter, the Tamil actor said, "He supports One Nation One Election. This will save money and time." More recently, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had also came out in support for the new theory and stated that a consensus will have to be achieved before implementing this decision and it may take time even till 2024.
Further citing reason for proposing One Nation One Theory scheme, Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had earlier stated that simultaneous polls will bring stability in the electoral process of the nation and save public money.
Moreover he further stated, "Frequent
elections lead to the expenditure of public money, posting of officers from
outside and governance suffers. Our democracy is 70 years old there should be
some stability in the electoral process." Earlier in April 2018, the
Commission had stated that simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and state
Assemblies could be held in two phases from 2019, provided that at least two
provisions of the Constitution are amended and ratified by a majority of the
Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions? Hyderabad sources added following the incident of an ambulance being trapped during an election rally of TRS MP Malla Reddy at Jawahar Nagar, the city traffic chief has warned law enforcement enforcers against the organizers who are behind violations especially those who endanger the lives of commuters.
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind