According to sources a temple official said two US based entrepreneurs had donated Rs 13.5 crore to the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala. Meanwhile the NRI devotees, originally hailing from Andhra Pradesh, donated the huge cash offerings as a fulfillment of their vow.
Public Relations Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) T Ravi told “While one of them, Ika Ravi had made an online donation of Rs 10 crore to the e-Hundi of Lord Venkateswara from his US account, the other Srinivas Guttikonda personally handed over the donation of Rs 3.5 crore through a Demand Draft to the temple”. Moreover he said the offerings were made in the presence of TTD Chairman Putta Sudhakara Yadav, Andhra Pradesh Industries Minister N Amaranatha Reddy and other officials at the hill temple on Saturday morning.
As per report it was stated that an official added that Guttikonda also
requested the TTD to utilise his offering for about half a dozen TTD-run public
welfare trusts, including pilgrim Free Meals, a hospital and a children’s
orphanage in Tirupati.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan