Sources from Kerala reported that heavy rains continued to wreak havoc in Kerala. Accordingly the districts of Thiruvananthapuram, Idukki, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kollam, Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha are reported to have received the most rainfall on Sunday and the states that many low-lying areas in Kochi city were flooded as a result of heavy rains, making it difficult for pedestrians and vehicles, especially two-wheelers to move through inundated roads.
Moreover the Kochi district administration has opened flood relief camps at Chellanam and Vypeen, where around 100 houses were reported to have been submerged in water. Reports added that many major roads in Kochi including South Railway Station road, Seaport Airport Road, MG road, Fort Kochi and Mattancherry were flooded.
Furthermore the district Disaster Management
Authority has directed control rooms be opened at Kanayannoor, Aluva,
Kothamangalam, Kochi, Paravur and Muvattupuzha and the district of Alappuzha
was also severely hit by rains on Sunday. Further many roads including the
Alappuzha-Changanassery state highway was flooded leading to heavy traffic and
inconvenience to the commuters. Hence with heavy rains being predicted in the
state till Tuesday, seven districts have declared holiday for all
educational institutions on Monday.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?