Sources from Kerala reported that heavy rains continued to wreak havoc in Kerala. Accordingly the districts of Thiruvananthapuram, Idukki, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kollam, Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha are reported to have received the most rainfall on Sunday and the states that many low-lying areas in Kochi city were flooded as a result of heavy rains, making it difficult for pedestrians and vehicles, especially two-wheelers to move through inundated roads.
Moreover the Kochi district administration has opened flood relief camps at Chellanam and Vypeen, where around 100 houses were reported to have been submerged in water. Reports added that many major roads in Kochi including South Railway Station road, Seaport Airport Road, MG road, Fort Kochi and Mattancherry were flooded.
Furthermore the district Disaster Management
Authority has directed control rooms be opened at Kanayannoor, Aluva,
Kothamangalam, Kochi, Paravur and Muvattupuzha and the district of Alappuzha
was also severely hit by rains on Sunday. Further many roads including the
Alappuzha-Changanassery state highway was flooded leading to heavy traffic and
inconvenience to the commuters. Hence with heavy rains being predicted in the
state till Tuesday, seven districts have declared holiday for all
educational institutions on Monday.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code