Sources from Kerala reported that heavy rains continued to wreak havoc in Kerala. Accordingly the districts of Thiruvananthapuram, Idukki, Ernakulam, Kottayam, Kollam, Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha are reported to have received the most rainfall on Sunday and the states that many low-lying areas in Kochi city were flooded as a result of heavy rains, making it difficult for pedestrians and vehicles, especially two-wheelers to move through inundated roads.
Moreover the Kochi district administration has opened flood relief camps at Chellanam and Vypeen, where around 100 houses were reported to have been submerged in water. Reports added that many major roads in Kochi including South Railway Station road, Seaport Airport Road, MG road, Fort Kochi and Mattancherry were flooded.
Furthermore the district Disaster Management
Authority has directed control rooms be opened at Kanayannoor, Aluva,
Kothamangalam, Kochi, Paravur and Muvattupuzha and the district of Alappuzha
was also severely hit by rains on Sunday. Further many roads including the
Alappuzha-Changanassery state highway was flooded leading to heavy traffic and
inconvenience to the commuters. Hence with heavy rains being predicted in the
state till Tuesday, seven districts have declared holiday for all
educational institutions on Monday.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open