According to sources it is no secret among experienced marketing professionals in India that the best of multinational companies meet their Waterloo in this country. Reports added that Apple Inc. could be the latest in the news if one goes by the churning the company’s Indian operations are going through currently.
Meanwhile three of its senior executives are on their way out; the company is pruning the number of distributors from five to just two by the close of this financial year and other changes are likely to be witnessed in the days to come. Further the observers are placing the blame for all this squarely on the poor sales volumes Apple products have been able to achieve in the Indian market.
Accordingly Rahul Puri, Head, National Sales,
Jayant Gupta Head, Operator Business and iPhone sales and Manish Sharma, National
Sales Head (Telecom) are the three now being discussed in the media. Moreover
Apple may also have to take a serious look at the cost of its components and
servicing charges and these are prohibitively high and multiple times what one
has to pay for similar products or service of any other brand. After having set
up a new distribution centre outside Mumbai, Apple India hopes to make supplies
to large retailers directly, in order to bring down the net cost to the buyers.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018