Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced that the admissions to Indian Medical courses Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy in Tamilnadu for the 2018 to 2019 academic year will be held based solely on Class 12 marks. Recently the Chief Minister conducted a high level meeting at the Secretariat on Monday to discuss the order issued by the Madurai bench of Madras High Court to award 196 grace marks to students who had given NEET 2018 in Tamil.
Meanwhile in the meeting the decision of the central government regarding NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in Tamilnadu was also discussed. Furthermore a press release from the Secretariat stated that the state government has been firm in conveying its opposition to NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses in the state.
The statement said “The decision of the central
government to adopt NEET based admissions to Indian medicine courses is in
direct contradiction to the state’s policy based opposition and to the
provisions of the Tamilnadu Regulation of Admission in Professional Courses
Act, 2006”. Reports added the order was issued after the CPI(M) MP TK
Rangarajan filed a petition in the HC pointing out translation issues in the
Tamil question paper issued by CBSE and the court had also ordered the CBSE to
release a revised rank list after incorporating the grace marks within two
weeks from the date of order.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!