According to sources private schools across Telangana may be shut on Wednesday as teachers across the state have called for a bandh. Meanwhile the Telangana Private Teachers Forum (TPTF) has listed a charter of demands, and unless they are fulfilled, the bandh will go on as scheduled.
Moreover according to the forum, as many as 12,000 schools across the state will be affected. Their demands are as follows. Implementation of , Nextly teachers should be given a salary of 12 months through banks, as school managements are only giving them 10 months worth of salary. Further the government should form a private teachers welfare board Property tax on school buildings should be removed and the electricity charges that are levied on private schools must be changed from commercial to domestic charges.
Moreover a health-card should be sanctioned, and
the government should give teachers an accident insurance of Rs 5 lakh. Teachers
above the age of 50 should be paid a pension of Rs 5,000 and they should be allowed
to vote during teacher MLC elections and the Right to Education Act should be
implemented, and 25% of seats should be reserved and fee reimbursement should
be implemented. Further every school should implement Employees State Insurance
and Provident Fund facilities for teachers and a special Act should be brought
in to regulate fees in schools. Teachers should encourage small budget schools
by extending help by way of bank loans and government subsidies.
4 Transgender offered prayers in Sabarimala Temple According to sources after much commotion over their entry into Sabarimala temple on Sunday, the four transgender women Anannyah, Renjumol, Thripthi and Avanthika finally climbed the hill and offered prayers at the shrine on Tuesday. Meanwhile dressed like any other woman Ayyappa devotee, the four wore a black saree, carried the irumudikettu (bag of holy offerings) and climbed the hill amid police protection, headed by Manoj Abraham IG.
- Kamalnath begins tenure with a bang!
- Dinakaran visits Sasikala !
- Protests again in Thoothukudi!
- Clearance given for Madurai AIIMS!
- Ola announced an investment of $100 million in scooter sharing network Vogo
- Polypropylene Bags exempted for Plastic Ban in Tamilnadu
- Authentication through Aadhaar permissible for mobile phone SIM cards & Banking purposes
- Will Rahul Gandhi stand for PM candidate against Modi?
- Rahul Gandhi as PM proposal kicked up storm
- City in Northern China banned Christmas sales & decorations to keep city clean
- Flight operations disrupted due to Cyclone Phethai in Coastal AP
- Court notices to Ratan Tata in a defamation complaint by Wadia Chairman
- Philippines bags Miss Universe 2018 Crown
- Pawan is becoming a sample for social media trollers
- Russian President Putin's calendar sales in Japan in peak