According to sources private schools across Telangana may be shut on Wednesday as teachers across the state have called for a bandh. Meanwhile the Telangana Private Teachers Forum (TPTF) has listed a charter of demands, and unless they are fulfilled, the bandh will go on as scheduled.
Moreover according to the forum, as many as 12,000 schools across the state will be affected. Their demands are as follows. Implementation of , Nextly teachers should be given a salary of 12 months through banks, as school managements are only giving them 10 months worth of salary. Further the government should form a private teachers welfare board Property tax on school buildings should be removed and the electricity charges that are levied on private schools must be changed from commercial to domestic charges.
Moreover a health-card should be sanctioned, and
the government should give teachers an accident insurance of Rs 5 lakh. Teachers
above the age of 50 should be paid a pension of Rs 5,000 and they should be allowed
to vote during teacher MLC elections and the Right to Education Act should be
implemented, and 25% of seats should be reserved and fee reimbursement should
be implemented. Further every school should implement Employees State Insurance
and Provident Fund facilities for teachers and a special Act should be brought
in to regulate fees in schools. Teachers should encourage small budget schools
by extending help by way of bank loans and government subsidies.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues