According to sources the session, which is scheduled for 18 sittings, will culminate on August 10. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi sought the cooperation of all parties for the smooth functioning of the Monsoon Session of Parliament, BJP and a resurgent Opposition led by Congress is likely to debate over bills on women’s reservation, instant triple talaq and nikah halala in Parliament, where both Congress and BJP want to take credit over these issues.
Moreover, Telugu Desam Party will once again propose no-confidence motion against the Modi government in the Parliament. Maywati’s Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s RJD have extended their support. Accordingly the Winter Session 2017 and Budget Session 2018 of Parliament saw a virtual washout as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha witnessed a series of logjam and one can only hope that this session will be far more productive.
Furthermore Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu have urged both ruling and opposition parties to stop blame game over house disruptions with meeting with eight Union Ministers and 23 leaders belonging to 20 parties, and also urged all parties and leaders to ensure a ‘win-win’ monsoon session and sought their coopera
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!