Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court questioned the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) as to why no action was taken against the complaint of disproportionate assets raised against Deputy Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, O Panneerselvam and his family members.
Meanwhile the HC was referring to the complaint filed by DMK MP RS Bharathi with the DVAC in March regarding the assets owned by O Panneerselvam and his family. Earlier in his petition, the DMK MP alleged that O Paneerselvam has ‘acquired huge assets and wealth, either in his name or his family members’ name or in the names of benamis, after his ascent to political power as MLA, Minister, Chief Minister and now, Deputy Chief Minister.’
Moreover the petition also mentions the Sekar Reddy
diary controversy. As per the petition “A direct link connecting Thiru O
Panneerselvam with illegal gratification for official favors was furnished by
the diary maintained by Thiru J Sekar Reddy, partner of the SRS Mining Company
and according to the entries made in the diary, Thiru O Panneerselvam and his
associates received almost four crores in just six months (June - November
2016)”. Further the petition also accused the Deputy CM’s sons Raveendranath
Kumar, Jayapradeep and daughter Kavitha Banu of having undisclosed sources of
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day