Tirumala sources reported that recently the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam (TTD) board had met and made a controversial announcement that the Lord Venkateshwara temple in Tirumala would be closed for nine days from August 9 to 17 and devotees will not be able to have a darshan of the Lord. Meanwhile the closure of temple for devotees was to conduct the Mahasamprokshana, which is held once in 12 years. This decision of TTD came in for widespread criticism.
Presently with media also stepping up criticism of the TTD decision, with repeated exposure by the Sakshi group, the government had to climb down on its call for closure of the temple. Moreover the TDP government seems to have instructed the Executive Officer to facilitate darshan during the nine days. Due to closure of the temple the devotees was taken to facilitate the Mahasamprokshana, but with devotees, religious leaders and media slamming the move, especially after the controversies surrounding TTD, the Board had to rethink its decision.
Reports added that AP CM instructed the TTD
officials to follow the system adopted by the temple on earlier occasions of
performing Mahasamprokshana. He said “Without disturbing the pooja of the Lord,
people should be allowed to have darshan as well”. Further when reacting to the
instructions of AP CM, TTD EO Anil Kumar
Singhal held a press conference here today and said that they would hold the
board meeting on July 24 and take an appropriate decision on allowing darshan
Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu Accordingly life in Jammu and Kashmir was adversely affected on Friday due to a protest shutdown called against the terror strike in the valley in which 45 CRPF personnel were killed in a suicide attack. Meanwhile the shutdown has been called by the Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI), an influential body of local traders and industrialists.
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?