Sources from Thoothukudi reported that to enhance patrolling along the southern coast in the Gulf of Mannar region and ensure better sea line communication, the Indian coast guard station at Thoothukudi is to get two more offshore patrolling vessels in the next two years.
Meanwhile when disclosing this to media persons of the new administrative building for the coast guard station, coast guard commander and Inspector General of the eastern region, Rajan Bargotra said that one more offshore patrolling vessel is to be included to add to the existing fleet strength within this year to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided by the Indian coast guard to fishermen operating from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi districts apart from general surveillance activities.
The coast guard commander added "Yet another fast patrol vessel is
planned to be based at Tuticorin station by 2020". Moreover he also said
that the Indian coast guard is to set up a new aviation unit at Thoothukudi
once the ongoing land acquisition process is over. Rajan Bargotra added "Once
the aviation unit is set up in Thoothukudi it will cater to fixed wing
operation, which will be utilized not only for surveillance but also for
providing assistance to fishermen in times of emergency”.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy