Sources from Thoothukudi reported that to enhance patrolling along the southern coast in the Gulf of Mannar region and ensure better sea line communication, the Indian coast guard station at Thoothukudi is to get two more offshore patrolling vessels in the next two years.
Meanwhile when disclosing this to media persons of the new administrative building for the coast guard station, coast guard commander and Inspector General of the eastern region, Rajan Bargotra said that one more offshore patrolling vessel is to be included to add to the existing fleet strength within this year to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided by the Indian coast guard to fishermen operating from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi districts apart from general surveillance activities.
The coast guard commander added "Yet another fast patrol vessel is
planned to be based at Tuticorin station by 2020". Moreover he also said
that the Indian coast guard is to set up a new aviation unit at Thoothukudi
once the ongoing land acquisition process is over. Rajan Bargotra added "Once
the aviation unit is set up in Thoothukudi it will cater to fixed wing
operation, which will be utilized not only for surveillance but also for
providing assistance to fishermen in times of emergency”.
Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung According to report soaps, face packs, shampoos and medicinal products made from cow urine and dung may soon be just a click away as an RSS backed centre says it is set to sell these on e-commerce major Amazon India. Meanwhile Deen Dayal Dham, a centre run by the RSS in Farah town of Mathura
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!