Sources from Thoothukudi reported that to enhance patrolling along the southern coast in the Gulf of Mannar region and ensure better sea line communication, the Indian coast guard station at Thoothukudi is to get two more offshore patrolling vessels in the next two years.
Meanwhile when disclosing this to media persons of the new administrative building for the coast guard station, coast guard commander and Inspector General of the eastern region, Rajan Bargotra said that one more offshore patrolling vessel is to be included to add to the existing fleet strength within this year to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided by the Indian coast guard to fishermen operating from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi districts apart from general surveillance activities.
The coast guard commander added "Yet another fast patrol vessel is
planned to be based at Tuticorin station by 2020". Moreover he also said
that the Indian coast guard is to set up a new aviation unit at Thoothukudi
once the ongoing land acquisition process is over. Rajan Bargotra added "Once
the aviation unit is set up in Thoothukudi it will cater to fixed wing
operation, which will be utilized not only for surveillance but also for
providing assistance to fishermen in times of emergency”.
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know