The 17 men who were behind the rape and sexual abuse of a physically challenged 12 year old girl in Aynavaram , were brutally attacked by advocates at the Chennai Women's court premises yesterday. The videos taken during the attack have become viral, and are trending in social media, with visuals of the criminals being thrashed by advocates. The issue began with the revelation of a shocking news that a 7th standard student from Aynavaram, who is hearing and speaking impaired, had been abused over a period of 7 months by 17 people who had made her unconscious and had threatened to expose the events which were recorded.
The main culprit who began this gruesome crime has been the security of the flat where the girl resided, and followed by him, many others like the lift operator, plumber, and many had harassed the girl. The incident had been happening since January, and it was after the girl's health deteriorated that her parents took her for treatment where they realized she was assaulted, and the girl was in a state where she was not even able to explain who did it. However it was with the help of her mother that the details were collected after she interacted with her daughter, and following this, the accused were arrested under POSCO act.
Justice Dharman has
been discussing with advocates regarding who will be appearing on behalf of the
accused as Chennai high court advocates have decided not to appear on behalf of
the accused. Till July 31, the accused have been sentenced to court
imprisonment, and hence the policemen are unable to take them into custody and
place them in prison. Additional police forces have been deployed, and the
police are also involved in talks with the advocates.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day