The Chennai high court has raised a question as to why the CBI should not take over the disproportionate assets case on deputy chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam. A case has been filed by DMK’s RS Bharathi, against O Panneerselvam, his sons and wife for their disproportionate assets. He had mentioned in the petition that assets have been registered in the names of O Panneerselvam, his sons Raveendranath, Jayapradeep, daughter Kavitha Banu, wife Vijayalakshmi, and his election candidate application has false mention of asset details.
Besides, O Panneerselvam's heirs have invested in countries like US, Turkey, Indonesia, and OPS had mentioned that in 2011 his wife had properties worth 24.20 lakhs, while in 2016 elections he had mentioned 78 lakhs assets, which raises suspicions. In the diary of Sekar Reddy, it was mentioned that OPS had got 4 crores in 6 months. OPS's son Jayapradeep has been the director of 3 companies, with properties owned in places like Periyakulam.
In such a scenario,
the RS Bharathi side's petition further mentions that OPS has did injustice to
people who had voted for him, and that the complaint was given to the anti
corruption department but no action was taken. Now hearing this petition, the
high court has questioned the non action for 3 months by the anti corruption
department, and has raised the question to make CBI investigate and take over
the case. The next hearing of the case has been pushed to July 23,
expecting a response from the anti corruption department.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know