The Chennai high court has raised a question as to why the CBI should not take over the disproportionate assets case on deputy chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam. A case has been filed by DMK’s RS Bharathi, against O Panneerselvam, his sons and wife for their disproportionate assets. He had mentioned in the petition that assets have been registered in the names of O Panneerselvam, his sons Raveendranath, Jayapradeep, daughter Kavitha Banu, wife Vijayalakshmi, and his election candidate application has false mention of asset details.
Besides, O Panneerselvam's heirs have invested in countries like US, Turkey, Indonesia, and OPS had mentioned that in 2011 his wife had properties worth 24.20 lakhs, while in 2016 elections he had mentioned 78 lakhs assets, which raises suspicions. In the diary of Sekar Reddy, it was mentioned that OPS had got 4 crores in 6 months. OPS's son Jayapradeep has been the director of 3 companies, with properties owned in places like Periyakulam.
In such a scenario,
the RS Bharathi side's petition further mentions that OPS has did injustice to
people who had voted for him, and that the complaint was given to the anti
corruption department but no action was taken. Now hearing this petition, the
high court has questioned the non action for 3 months by the anti corruption
department, and has raised the question to make CBI investigate and take over
the case. The next hearing of the case has been pushed to July 23,
expecting a response from the anti corruption department.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018