The Chennai high court has raised a question as to why the CBI should not take over the disproportionate assets case on deputy chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam. A case has been filed by DMK’s RS Bharathi, against O Panneerselvam, his sons and wife for their disproportionate assets. He had mentioned in the petition that assets have been registered in the names of O Panneerselvam, his sons Raveendranath, Jayapradeep, daughter Kavitha Banu, wife Vijayalakshmi, and his election candidate application has false mention of asset details.
Besides, O Panneerselvam's heirs have invested in countries like US, Turkey, Indonesia, and OPS had mentioned that in 2011 his wife had properties worth 24.20 lakhs, while in 2016 elections he had mentioned 78 lakhs assets, which raises suspicions. In the diary of Sekar Reddy, it was mentioned that OPS had got 4 crores in 6 months. OPS's son Jayapradeep has been the director of 3 companies, with properties owned in places like Periyakulam.
In such a scenario,
the RS Bharathi side's petition further mentions that OPS has did injustice to
people who had voted for him, and that the complaint was given to the anti
corruption department but no action was taken. Now hearing this petition, the
high court has questioned the non action for 3 months by the anti corruption
department, and has raised the question to make CBI investigate and take over
the case. The next hearing of the case has been pushed to July 23,
expecting a response from the anti corruption department.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy