Hyderabad sources added that AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi yesterday accused the Centre of neglecting Muslims and demanded that PM Narendra Modi tell how many of them got government jobs, including in central paramilitary forces. Meanwhile the AIMIM leader claimed the Department of Personnel and Training had in a 2007 circular said a Dalit, a member of the Schedule Castes and one from a religious minority will be on the selection committee wherever 10 people or more were to be recruited to ensure adequate representation of minorities in government jobs.
Furthermore he said despite the prime minister's 15 Point Program expressly stating that all efforts would be made to increase the share of the minorities in central government jobs, little was done about it. Reports added that Owaisi claimed the current NDA dispensation discontinued the practice of issuing data on minorities in government jobs. He said "You see the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs where data on how many from minorities, including Muslims and Christians, got jobs in various government departments, which will be used to be given till 2013”.
Furthermore he rejected Union Minority Affairs
Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's purported claim that the share of Muslims in
central government jobs had increased under the NDA government. Meanwhile Owaisi
said a media report had claimed there was "not a single" Muslim in
the elite National Security Guards (NSG).
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24