San Francisco sources reported that accused of helping to spur violence in countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and India, Facebook has said it will begin removing misinformation that leads to violence and physical harm. Presently as per report Facebook bans content that directly calls for violence but the new policy will cover fake news that has the potential to stir up physical harm.
Facebook said in a statement that "There are certain forms of misinformation that have contributed to physical harm, and we are making a policy change which will enable us to take that type of content down". It added "They will begin implementing the policy during the coming months”.
Moreover Facebook owned WhatsApp is facing the flak in India for allowing
the circulation of large number of irresponsible messages filled with rumors
and provocation that has led to growing instances of lynching of innocent
people. Further according to The Verge, Facebook will review posts that are
inaccurate or misleading, and are created or shared with the intent of causing
violence or physical harm. Facebook added "Partners are asked to verify
that the posts in question are false and could contribute to imminent violence
California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80 San Francisco sources reported that the death toll from the destructive wildfires have reached 80, with 993 people still unaccounted for. Meanwhile according to the Butte County Sheriff's Office as of Sunday evening, there were 77 deaths and 9,700 homes destroyed as a result of the 149,000 acre Camp Fire in Northern California, which started on November 8.
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday