San Francisco sources reported that accused of helping to spur violence in countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and India, Facebook has said it will begin removing misinformation that leads to violence and physical harm. Presently as per report Facebook bans content that directly calls for violence but the new policy will cover fake news that has the potential to stir up physical harm.
Facebook said in a statement that "There are certain forms of misinformation that have contributed to physical harm, and we are making a policy change which will enable us to take that type of content down". It added "They will begin implementing the policy during the coming months”.
Moreover Facebook owned WhatsApp is facing the flak in India for allowing
the circulation of large number of irresponsible messages filled with rumors
and provocation that has led to growing instances of lynching of innocent
people. Further according to The Verge, Facebook will review posts that are
inaccurate or misleading, and are created or shared with the intent of causing
violence or physical harm. Facebook added "Partners are asked to verify
that the posts in question are false and could contribute to imminent violence
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?