According to sources once you open a temple, everyone can go,” said the Supreme Court on Wednesday while hearing the matter of an arbitrary, temple enforced ban on women between 10 and 50 years from entering the Sabarimala in Kerala. Meanwhile the court also said a woman's right to pray was constitutional and did not depend on law.
As per report from Kerala sources a five judge bench of the Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Rohinton Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra were hearing petitions filed by Indian Young Lawyers Association and others challenging the ban in vogue for several years. The CJI said there is no concept of private mandirs (Temples). “Once a temple is opened, everybody can go and offer prayers and nobody can be excluded”.
Counsel Ravi Prakash Gupta submitted that women devotees between the age
group of 10 to 50 were being denied entry into the temple and those touching
the feet of Lord Ayyappa had been considered as a desecration of the Hindu
deity. ‘Menstruation’ was the reason cited by the temple trust for such
treatment of women.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers