According to sources once you open a temple, everyone can go,” said the Supreme Court on Wednesday while hearing the matter of an arbitrary, temple enforced ban on women between 10 and 50 years from entering the Sabarimala in Kerala. Meanwhile the court also said a woman's right to pray was constitutional and did not depend on law.
As per report from Kerala sources a five judge bench of the Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Rohinton Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra were hearing petitions filed by Indian Young Lawyers Association and others challenging the ban in vogue for several years. The CJI said there is no concept of private mandirs (Temples). “Once a temple is opened, everybody can go and offer prayers and nobody can be excluded”.
Counsel Ravi Prakash Gupta submitted that women devotees between the age
group of 10 to 50 were being denied entry into the temple and those touching
the feet of Lord Ayyappa had been considered as a desecration of the Hindu
deity. ‘Menstruation’ was the reason cited by the temple trust for such
treatment of women.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan