Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Thursday hinted his party AIADMK might not back the no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government, saying the motion was moved by the TDP over an issue concerning Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly Palaniswamy said “No party had backed Tamilnadu on the Cauvery issue when AIADMK lawmakers had stalled Lok Sabha for nearly three weeks seeking the constitution of the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulatory Committee”.
He told reporters in Salem in response to a query whether the AIADMK will support the motion. Which state came forward? No state did". Meanwhile the AIADMK has 37 MPs in Lok Sabha, making it the third largest party after the ruling BJP and opposition Congress. Moreover the BJP and PMK have one MP each from Tamilnadu, which has a total of 39 parliamentary constituencies. Furthermore the Opposition sponsored no-confidence motion against the Modi government moved by the TDP is to be debated in Lok Sabha today.
Hence the N Chandrababu Naidu led ruling party in Andhra Pradesh quit the
ruling NDA coalition in March protesting against the government not giving
special status to the state. Palanisamy said it was only his party MPs,
"on behalf" of the state government, who had raise the issue of CMB
and CWRC during the Budget session of Parliament to "ensure our
Sushma Swaraj quits election politics! Central external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj has announced that she will not be contesting in the Lok Sabha elections which are going to be held next year. Madhya Pradesh elections will be held on November 28. Yesterday, external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj had met the press during the election campaigns of the Madhya Pradesh elections, and during this meeting, she had announced her decision.
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?