Hyderabad sources made a statement that a top official said more than 1.13 lakh unlettered prisoners have been made literates under the Telangana Prisons Department's 'Vidhya Dan' program over the past four years. Presently Director General (Prisons and Correctional Services) V K Singh said the department is aiming at 100 per cent literacy for jail inmates and reduction in crime through various reformatory activities like 'Vidhya Dan', 'Unnati' and 'Mahaparivarthan' schemes.
Moreover earlier Singh launched the program in July 2014 soon after assuming charge with the slogan of 'Thumb in Sign out' which aimed at making the inmates at least sign instead of giving their thumb impression as they did before being imprisoned. Accordingly Singh said prisoners educated under the 'Vidhya Dan' program are being used as volunteers to teach illiterate prisoners.
Furthermore the prisons department in coordination
with the State Resource Centre (SRC) conducted Training of Trainers (ToT)
programs. Singh added “SRC members have visited all central prisons, district
prisons and special prison for women of Telangana and provided ToT to educated
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes