Accordingly during the debate, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu said that every benefit that would have come under the Special Category Status (SCS) would accrue to Andhra Pradesh through the package. The CM added "This will be the harbinger of development of our new state that suffered heavily due to the irrational bifurcation''.
Previously on Friday, all the BJP has to do is to take out this resolution and read out from it during the debate on the no-confidence motion moved by the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). Meanwhile all eyes will be on TDP's lead speaker, Jaydev Galla, on how he negotiates this googly that is certain to be bowled by the treasury benches. Furthermore AIADMK too feels the TDP has moved the motion for its state's interests and argues no other party supported it when it was agitating over Cauvery.
Moreover another reason is that both Hyderabad and Chennai are not in favor
of SCS to Andhra and that the argument is that special incentives to Andhra
will tempt investors to shift base or look at Amaravati as the place to make
fresh investments. Reports added Anantapur district in Andhra, on the border
with Karnataka, is being projected as a manufacturing hub and with real estate
expensive in Bengaluru, areas in Anantapur stand to gain, KCR has reportedly
reached out to his friends in the JD(S), to point out that if Andhra's lament
is addressed, it will be at the expense of Telangana, Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes