According to sources Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Paneerselvam on Thursday termed as “inappropriate” allegations seeking to link the ruling AIADMK and a highway contractor, who has come under the Income Tax radar for alleged tax evasion. Meanwhile it was wrong to link a political party with the raids, since the Income Tax raids were conducted based on tax evasion. He told reporters “Besides, contractors were carrying out their jobs, whichever party ruled the state at different times”.
As per report he was replying to a question about the raids on premises of SPK and Company, a partnership firm engaged in roads and highways construction on contract from the government and moreover the raids had led to IT sleuths seizing over Rs 165 crore cash and 101 kilos of gold over the last four days.
Furthermore DMK and other opposition parties have been using the I-T raids
to target the AIADMK government alleging that it ‘exposed’ corruption in award
of tenders and a nexus between the highway contractor and the AIADMK
higher-ups. Recently DMK working president M.K. Stalin has been demanding a
comprehensive probe by the vigilance police since the raided contractor is related
to the Chief Minister. Further brushing aside the opposition charges, OPS said,
“Raids are being carried out with regard to tax evasion and linking a political
party with it is inappropriate.”
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day