According to sources Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Paneerselvam on Thursday termed as “inappropriate” allegations seeking to link the ruling AIADMK and a highway contractor, who has come under the Income Tax radar for alleged tax evasion. Meanwhile it was wrong to link a political party with the raids, since the Income Tax raids were conducted based on tax evasion. He told reporters “Besides, contractors were carrying out their jobs, whichever party ruled the state at different times”.
As per report he was replying to a question about the raids on premises of SPK and Company, a partnership firm engaged in roads and highways construction on contract from the government and moreover the raids had led to IT sleuths seizing over Rs 165 crore cash and 101 kilos of gold over the last four days.
Furthermore DMK and other opposition parties have been using the I-T raids
to target the AIADMK government alleging that it ‘exposed’ corruption in award
of tenders and a nexus between the highway contractor and the AIADMK
higher-ups. Recently DMK working president M.K. Stalin has been demanding a
comprehensive probe by the vigilance police since the raided contractor is related
to the Chief Minister. Further brushing aside the opposition charges, OPS said,
“Raids are being carried out with regard to tax evasion and linking a political
party with it is inappropriate.”
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam