According to sources Tamilnadu Deputy Chief Minister O Paneerselvam on Thursday termed as “inappropriate” allegations seeking to link the ruling AIADMK and a highway contractor, who has come under the Income Tax radar for alleged tax evasion. Meanwhile it was wrong to link a political party with the raids, since the Income Tax raids were conducted based on tax evasion. He told reporters “Besides, contractors were carrying out their jobs, whichever party ruled the state at different times”.
As per report he was replying to a question about the raids on premises of SPK and Company, a partnership firm engaged in roads and highways construction on contract from the government and moreover the raids had led to IT sleuths seizing over Rs 165 crore cash and 101 kilos of gold over the last four days.
Furthermore DMK and other opposition parties have been using the I-T raids
to target the AIADMK government alleging that it ‘exposed’ corruption in award
of tenders and a nexus between the highway contractor and the AIADMK
higher-ups. Recently DMK working president M.K. Stalin has been demanding a
comprehensive probe by the vigilance police since the raided contractor is related
to the Chief Minister. Further brushing aside the opposition charges, OPS said,
“Raids are being carried out with regard to tax evasion and linking a political
party with it is inappropriate.”
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers