The CBI has filed an additional charge sheet joining former central minister P Chidambaram in the Aircel Maxis case. In 2006, P Chidambaram had been the finance minister, during his tenure, Malaysia based Maxis groups had invested Rs 3500 crores on Aircel. It was accused that for these investments, the permission was not sought from the central government committee on economic issues, and it was also said that the company owned by P Chidambaram's son Karthi Chidambaram had helped.
CBI Had filed a case, saying that they have evidences against Karthi Chidambaram including the transactions. While CBI and Enforcement directorate have been investigating the case, the case is being enquired at Delhi Patiala court. In the case filed in 2015, former Information technology minister Dhayanidhi Maran's name was included in the list of accused. Now, with an additional charge sheet, they have included the names of P Chidambaram and Karthi Chidambaram as well, adding the fact that Karthi Chidambaram's company was involved in illegal transactions worth 26 lakhs and 87 lakhs.
Another shocking fact mentioned was
that Chidambaram had the authority to sanction only investments of 600 crores,
but they had forged 3200 crore investments as 180 crores, adding that Chidambaram
knew all this malpractice. As of now, 16 former and current government
officials have become a part of the charge sheet.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal