The CBI has filed an additional charge sheet joining former central minister P Chidambaram in the Aircel Maxis case. In 2006, P Chidambaram had been the finance minister, during his tenure, Malaysia based Maxis groups had invested Rs 3500 crores on Aircel. It was accused that for these investments, the permission was not sought from the central government committee on economic issues, and it was also said that the company owned by P Chidambaram's son Karthi Chidambaram had helped.
CBI Had filed a case, saying that they have evidences against Karthi Chidambaram including the transactions. While CBI and Enforcement directorate have been investigating the case, the case is being enquired at Delhi Patiala court. In the case filed in 2015, former Information technology minister Dhayanidhi Maran's name was included in the list of accused. Now, with an additional charge sheet, they have included the names of P Chidambaram and Karthi Chidambaram as well, adding the fact that Karthi Chidambaram's company was involved in illegal transactions worth 26 lakhs and 87 lakhs.
Another shocking fact mentioned was
that Chidambaram had the authority to sanction only investments of 600 crores,
but they had forged 3200 crore investments as 180 crores, adding that Chidambaram
knew all this malpractice. As of now, 16 former and current government
officials have become a part of the charge sheet.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?