New Delhi sources stated that the Narendra Modi government on Friday passed the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition with an overwhelming majority, with the government getting 325 out of a total 451 votes that only 126 MPs voted in favor of the motion.
Meanwhile the no-confidence motion was put to vote after a 12 hour heated debate which saw the government and opposition trading charges and a moment of drama when Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, after a blistering speech, walked up to the treasury benches to give a hug to Prime Minister Modi. Furthermore the result indicated that the parties not formally part of the BJP led ruling coalition, the NDA, also voted in the government's favor.
Accordingly the AIADMK voted
for the government, while the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) walked out
minutes before the voting on no-trust motion took place. Moreover the Biju
Janata Dal walked out of House earlier in the day to abstain from voting, while
the Shiv Sena, one of the constituents of the National Democratic Alliance
(NDA), boycotted it. He said in a tweet that "NDA has the confidence of
the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India. I thank all the parties that
supported us in the vote today. Our efforts to transform India and fulfill the
dreams of our youth will continue. Jai Hind!".
Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter Los Angeles sources stated that President Donald Trump likely had a free speech right to make a Twitter comment disputing allegations by adult film actress Stormy Daniels, a federal judge said on Monday, indicating he was inclined to dismiss her defamation lawsuit against Trump. Meanwhile Daniels, whose real name
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!