New Delhi sources stated that the Narendra Modi government on Friday passed the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition with an overwhelming majority, with the government getting 325 out of a total 451 votes that only 126 MPs voted in favor of the motion.
Meanwhile the no-confidence motion was put to vote after a 12 hour heated debate which saw the government and opposition trading charges and a moment of drama when Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, after a blistering speech, walked up to the treasury benches to give a hug to Prime Minister Modi. Furthermore the result indicated that the parties not formally part of the BJP led ruling coalition, the NDA, also voted in the government's favor.
Accordingly the AIADMK voted
for the government, while the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) walked out
minutes before the voting on no-trust motion took place. Moreover the Biju
Janata Dal walked out of House earlier in the day to abstain from voting, while
the Shiv Sena, one of the constituents of the National Democratic Alliance
(NDA), boycotted it. He said in a tweet that "NDA has the confidence of
the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India. I thank all the parties that
supported us in the vote today. Our efforts to transform India and fulfill the
dreams of our youth will continue. Jai Hind!".
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth