According to sources Ruth Kamande, who won a prison beauty pageant while awaiting trial, slashed her partner Farid Mohammed, 24, to death in 2015 and was convicted in May. High Court judge Jessie Lesiit passing sentence stated "She wants young people to know that it is not cool to kill your boyfriend or girlfriend even where you feel disappointed or frustrated don't do it”.
Meanwhile the judge accused Kamande of "manipulative" behavior that included accessing the victim's mobile phone as well as showing no remorse for the vicious attack which left "blood all over" the crime scene. Lesiit said "She thinks passing any other sentence than the one prescribed (death) would turn the accused into a hero”.
Amnesty director Irungu
Houghton said "This sentence is a blow to Kenya's progressive record in
commuting death sentences to terms of imprisonment”. Moreover the victim's
family insisted the sentence matched the crime. Further according to the Death
Penalty Information Center the country's Supreme Court ruled in December 2017
that the mandatory death sentence for murder and armed robbery was
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA