New Delhi sources stated that conceding a yearlong demand, sanitary pads today exempted from GST as the GST Council reduced tax rates on an array of daily use appliances and products. Meanwhile Finance Minister Piyush Goyal told reporters that GST tax on sanitary pads was cut from 12% to zero, rakhis were exempted from the tax.
Goyal said "Sanitary napkins exempted from GST". Furthermore it was stated that among items on which GST was reduced include footwear, small televisions, water heater, electric ironing machines, refrigerators, lithium ion batteries, hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, food appliances and ethanol. Goyal said “GST Council cuts tax rate on an array of products. Rakhis have been exempted from GST, tax on ethanol has been cut to 5%, and small handicrafts have been exempted”.
Moreover tax rates on worked up Kota stone, sand stone and similar quality
of local stones were cut from 18 to 12%, with the purpose of avoiding
classification disputes. Accordingly the value limit of footwear was enhanced
from Rs 500 to Rs 1,000 for 5 per cent rate? GST on 17 items used by
middle class viz Paints, Refrigerators, washing machines, vacuum cleaners,
storage water heaters, TVs up to 68 cm was reduced from 28 to 18%. Moreover the
next GST Council meeting will be held on August 4.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!