A demonstration was held by numerous parents at the Srimathi Sundaravalli Memorial School campus here, following letters from management demanding caution deposit of Rs 2 lakh from students. The school has campuses with more than 4,000 students at Perungalathur and Chromepet.
Parents had received a letter from the school on July 18, where it was mentioned that the management was facing a tough time managing administration expenses, and hence demanded Caution deposits. Kanchipuram Chief educational officer Angelo Irudayasamy said that the schools have been informed to withdraw the letter and have also sought a written explanation from the management.
The school previously has justified
the move of demanding caution deposit fee from Rs 20,000 to Rs 2 lakh, saying
that they're doing it instead of increasing school strength. After the school
set a deadline to parents as July 31, for accepting this demand or get the
transfer certificate to withdraw their children from the school, more than 100
angry parents staged protests at both campuses, in an attempt to force the
withdrawal of 2 lakhs demand.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?