Piyush Goyal, the union interim finance minister had said after the 28th annual meeting of GST council that the Goods and Services Tax Council has decided to exempt taxation of sanitary napkins. Besides, items like deities made of wood, rakhi, will also not be taxed.
Goods and Services Tax on urea which is imported is now at 5%, and the tax on washing machines will be dropped from 28% to 18%. Other items which will be brought from 28% slab to 18% slab include trucks, lithium-ion batteries, grinders and mixers, water heaters, water coolers, toilet spray and perfumes, special purpose vehicles, paints, and varnishes.
The tax has been reduced to 12% on
handbags, framed mirrors, glass arts, bamboo flooring, and lamps. Piyush Goyal
also announced that these taxes decided will be in effect from July 27 and
that GST Council has so far cleared 46 amendments, to be passed in Parliament.
It was also announced that traders who have more than 5 crores turnover must
deposit tax every month though they don't need to file quarterly returns.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019