Piyush Goyal, the union interim finance minister had said after the 28th annual meeting of GST council that the Goods and Services Tax Council has decided to exempt taxation of sanitary napkins. Besides, items like deities made of wood, rakhi, will also not be taxed.
Goods and Services Tax on urea which is imported is now at 5%, and the tax on washing machines will be dropped from 28% to 18%. Other items which will be brought from 28% slab to 18% slab include trucks, lithium-ion batteries, grinders and mixers, water heaters, water coolers, toilet spray and perfumes, special purpose vehicles, paints, and varnishes.
The tax has been reduced to 12% on
handbags, framed mirrors, glass arts, bamboo flooring, and lamps. Piyush Goyal
also announced that these taxes decided will be in effect from July 27 and
that GST Council has so far cleared 46 amendments, to be passed in Parliament.
It was also announced that traders who have more than 5 crores turnover must
deposit tax every month though they don't need to file quarterly returns.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India