Berlin sources reported that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had warned the US of counter-measures if it imposed punitive tariffs on European cars, saying the move would only create "losers and cause retaliation". Merkel at a news conference said "We have regarding trade a very, very serious situation in the world and she wants to clearly state this".
She added "We don't want these tariffs, we believe that we will damage each other, not only that we in the EU will be harmed but that these can have a far broader impact," further adding they would pose "a real danger for the prosperity of many in the world." Meanwhile Merkel's comments came days before European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker is due to meet US President Donald Trump to discuss ways to prevent the punitive tariffs and these (talks) are our preferred course of action".
Presently the Trump administration is weighing
import duties of 20% to 25% on European automotive products on national
security grounds. Moreover the threat puts more than $50 billion worth of
European imports at risk and has created panic in Europe's largest economy. Furthermore
Trans-Atlantic duties on cars have been unchanged for decades and the US
charges 2.5% on passenger car imports and 25% on pickup trucks and vans.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!