New Delhi sources added that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress president Rahul Gandhi have taken a stand in favor of the Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the newly constituted Congress Working Committee (CWC), which met for the first time under the chairmanship of party Chief Rahul Gandhi, has passed a resolution to accord the SCS to the residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover during the discussion on the Special Category Status to AP in the CWC, Odisha congress chief Niranjan Patnaik has raised that the Special Category Status should also be extended to the states of Odisha and Bihar stating that they are also backward. Intervening in the matter, first Sonia and later Rahul have raised objection. Accordingly Rahul and Sonia have made it clear to the leaders of the other states to not raise any objection while according to SCS to AP and asked them not to compare with the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Rahul added "Due to bifurcation, AP has lost financially. Injustice was done to AP that no other state should compare with AP and SCS has been promised to AP by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Moreover they are still committed to that promise and no one should raise an objection to it." Recently CWC has passed the resolution that defeating Narendra Modi is objective of the party and asked the party leaders of various states to work towards winning in 200 Parliament Constituencies in the 2019 general elections.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code