New Delhi sources added that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress president Rahul Gandhi have taken a stand in favor of the Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the newly constituted Congress Working Committee (CWC), which met for the first time under the chairmanship of party Chief Rahul Gandhi, has passed a resolution to accord the SCS to the residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover during the discussion on the Special Category Status to AP in the CWC, Odisha congress chief Niranjan Patnaik has raised that the Special Category Status should also be extended to the states of Odisha and Bihar stating that they are also backward. Intervening in the matter, first Sonia and later Rahul have raised objection. Accordingly Rahul and Sonia have made it clear to the leaders of the other states to not raise any objection while according to SCS to AP and asked them not to compare with the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Rahul added "Due to bifurcation, AP has lost financially. Injustice was done to AP that no other state should compare with AP and SCS has been promised to AP by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Moreover they are still committed to that promise and no one should raise an objection to it." Recently CWC has passed the resolution that defeating Narendra Modi is objective of the party and asked the party leaders of various states to work towards winning in 200 Parliament Constituencies in the 2019 general elections.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar