New Delhi sources added that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress president Rahul Gandhi have taken a stand in favor of the Special Category Status to Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the newly constituted Congress Working Committee (CWC), which met for the first time under the chairmanship of party Chief Rahul Gandhi, has passed a resolution to accord the SCS to the residual state of Andhra Pradesh.
Moreover during the discussion on the Special Category Status to AP in the CWC, Odisha congress chief Niranjan Patnaik has raised that the Special Category Status should also be extended to the states of Odisha and Bihar stating that they are also backward. Intervening in the matter, first Sonia and later Rahul have raised objection. Accordingly Rahul and Sonia have made it clear to the leaders of the other states to not raise any objection while according to SCS to AP and asked them not to compare with the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Rahul added "Due to bifurcation, AP has lost financially. Injustice was done to AP that no other state should compare with AP and SCS has been promised to AP by then PM Manmohan Singh on the floor of the house. Moreover they are still committed to that promise and no one should raise an objection to it." Recently CWC has passed the resolution that defeating Narendra Modi is objective of the party and asked the party leaders of various states to work towards winning in 200 Parliament Constituencies in the 2019 general elections.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees