New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five day and three nation tour of Africa starting on Monday will see India reaching out first bilaterally and then multilaterally under the BRICS umbrella to the continent. The External Affairs Ministry said "The visit to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa will further strengthen our relations with the African continent".
Meanwhile over the last few years, there has been significant engagement in various fields with African countries. Furthermore there have been 23 outgoing visits to Africa by the President, Vice President and Prime Minister in the last four years. The statement said "Africa has been the top priority of India's foreign policy”. Moreover cooperation in defense and agriculture will be Modi's priorities during his bilateral visits to Rwanda and Uganda before he goes to South Africa for the annual Brazil, Russia, India China, and South Africa (BRICS) Summit.
Accordingly this will be Modi's second visit to mainland Africa after he
visited Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya in 2016. South Africa is organizing
the 10th BRICS leaders' Summit under the theme "BRICS in Africa Collaboration
with Developing Countries for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the
Fourth Industrial Revolution". Further Modi, along with other BRICS
leaders, will participate in the restricted session, plenary session, leaders'
retreat, outreach with leaders from Africa and outreach with leaders from the
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019