New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five day and three nation tour of Africa starting on Monday will see India reaching out first bilaterally and then multilaterally under the BRICS umbrella to the continent. The External Affairs Ministry said "The visit to Rwanda, Uganda and South Africa will further strengthen our relations with the African continent".
Meanwhile over the last few years, there has been significant engagement in various fields with African countries. Furthermore there have been 23 outgoing visits to Africa by the President, Vice President and Prime Minister in the last four years. The statement said "Africa has been the top priority of India's foreign policy”. Moreover cooperation in defense and agriculture will be Modi's priorities during his bilateral visits to Rwanda and Uganda before he goes to South Africa for the annual Brazil, Russia, India China, and South Africa (BRICS) Summit.
Accordingly this will be Modi's second visit to mainland Africa after he
visited Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya in 2016. South Africa is organizing
the 10th BRICS leaders' Summit under the theme "BRICS in Africa Collaboration
with Developing Countries for Inclusive Growth and Shared Prosperity in the
Fourth Industrial Revolution". Further Modi, along with other BRICS
leaders, will participate in the restricted session, plenary session, leaders'
retreat, outreach with leaders from Africa and outreach with leaders from the
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver