Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has revealed that Iran has overtaken Saudi Arabia to become second largest supplier of crude oil to Indian public sector firms in the current fiscal's first three months. Indian public sector unions had stopped oil imports from Iran in last fiscal by quarter, and bought crude oil of 5.67 million tonnes from Iran during April-June, toppling import level from Saudi Arabia.
The Imports from Iran were next to Iraq. 9.8 million Tonnes of crude oil were bought by oil marketing companies in 2017-18 fiscal, while it was 13.04 million tonnes in 2016-17 fiscal, said Dharmendra Pradhan in a letter in Lok Sabha.
State owned firms like Mangalore
refinery and petrochemical limited, Indian oil corporation, Hindustan petroleum
corporation had bought 5.67 million tonnes of crude oil from Iran during
the first three months of 2018-19 fiscal for a whopping 19,978.46 crores
said Dharmendra Pradhan.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code