Tirupathi sources reported that as many as 30 Hindu pontiffs and about 300 activists will march from Vijayawada to Tirupathi to press their demand for a committee to inquire into allegations that jewels donated to the Lord Venkateswara temple in Tirupathi have gone missing. Accordingly they will start the padyatra or March after offering a sari at the Kanakadurga temple in Vijayawada on July 29 and they will then walk about 30 km a day and are scheduled to reach Tirupati on August 12.
Meanwhile Saivakshetram head Siva Swamy said, “Before we complete the 15 day march, the government should constitute a committee to find the facts to clear the allegations on the jewels of lord Venkateswara. Moreover the committee should contain board members, members of Vedic committee, Swamijis, gemologists and appraisers and if the government doesn’t constitute the said committee before completion of our 15 day foot march, then our action plan will be immediately announced at the public meeting.”
Furthermore the government tried to appoint Christians as board members
and the appointment of the chairman, Putta Sudhakar Yadav, was opposed by many,
but some of the leaders had played some politics. They don’t know what the
government wants to do with TTD or Hindu devotees.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code