A privilege motion has been moved by Congress against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nirmala Sitharaman for giving false information regarding Rafale deal during the no-confidence motion debate in the Lok Sabha last week. Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge initiated the privilege motion, writing a letter with the reason for the motion, to the speaker.
In case the motion is accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker, it will be forwarded to the Committee of Privileges which will conduct a hearing after sending a notice. Privilege committee can also order suspension from the House for the member. During Rahul Gandhi's no confidence day speech he had mentioned regarding Rafale deal impacting central government and defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, adding that the French President had revealed there was no secrecy clause.
Later his claims were refused by Nirmala
Sitharaman and PM Modi, while the France government also clarified on the
same. However, Congress isn't ready to leave the issue, and Rahul Gandhi has
accused central government of involving in a scam in Rafael deal, urging
government to prove it clean.
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!