A privilege motion has been moved by Congress against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Nirmala Sitharaman for giving false information regarding Rafale deal during the no-confidence motion debate in the Lok Sabha last week. Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge initiated the privilege motion, writing a letter with the reason for the motion, to the speaker.
In case the motion is accepted by the Lok Sabha Speaker, it will be forwarded to the Committee of Privileges which will conduct a hearing after sending a notice. Privilege committee can also order suspension from the House for the member. During Rahul Gandhi's no confidence day speech he had mentioned regarding Rafale deal impacting central government and defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, adding that the French President had revealed there was no secrecy clause.
Later his claims were refused by Nirmala
Sitharaman and PM Modi, while the France government also clarified on the
same. However, Congress isn't ready to leave the issue, and Rahul Gandhi has
accused central government of involving in a scam in Rafael deal, urging
government to prove it clean.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers