As a breather for the Narendra Modi lead central government, Kingfisher and united breweries owner, liquor baron, and business tycoon Vijay Mallya, who had fled from India and is currently in London, has expressed last month that he's willing to return to India.
This development happened after actions were taken by the Enforcement Directorate under the fugitive economic offenders’ ordinance. It must be noted that in June, the enforcement directorate had moved against liquor baron Vijay Mallya, in the court, in an attempt to make the court declare him as fugitive offender so as to initiate confiscation of his 12500 crores assets.
As per the recently incorporated
ordinance of Fugitive Economic Offenders, the government can lawfully
confiscate the complete linked assets belonging to a loan defaulter who has
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!