Finance minister Piyush Goyal expressed in the Rajya Sabha that there are no plans for central government to frame laws for regulation of cinema or television industry or IPL cricket tournaments.
Piyush Goyal also further detailed that no further assessment was made by Revenue Intelligence authorities pertaining to unaccounted money flow in film industry, inclusive of departments like production as well as distribution. The minister however hinted that there's an ongoing investigation regarding unaccounted black money and evasion of taxes, adding that action will be taken under IT act.
When queried on black money
existence in entertainment industry, Piyush had denied the news of revenue
authorities assessing unaccounted/ black money in either film industry or
television industry or the Richest cricket league tournament, IPL cricket under
the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad? Accordingly Sharmila, who had earlier headed the Telangana unit of YCP, is nowhere in the scene now in the Telangana polls. Meanwhile Jagan has announced that YCP would stay away from the Telangana elections, the move said to have irked Sharmila and her followers in the party.
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!