Hyderabad sources reported that a top official said the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) project expects to break even in six years. HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy told reporters here after launching e-scooters of Metro Bikes for first and last mile connectivity at metro stations that "As per our financial model, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited will incur losses for about four to five years and sixth year it will break even that's what our expectation is”.
Presently the concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is building the project across three corridors. Earlier in November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated a 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72 km long elevated metro project and there are 24 stations in the operational 30 km stretch.
Reddy said Hyderabad Metro is recording
footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day, and once we open remaining two
sections he is expecting that it will be five lakh passengers per day and from
there 15 lakh passengers in the next couple of years." Moreover on the
Ameerpet to LB Nagar (16 km) stretch, Reddy said any time in August it will be
opened for passengers. Further when reacting to another query on commercial
space demand (spaces within Metro Rail stations and malls adjoining the
stations), Reddy "the commercial space demand is excellent".
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal! Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!