Hyderabad sources reported that a top official said the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) project expects to break even in six years. HMRL Managing Director NVS Reddy told reporters here after launching e-scooters of Metro Bikes for first and last mile connectivity at metro stations that "As per our financial model, L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited will incur losses for about four to five years and sixth year it will break even that's what our expectation is”.
Presently the concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited is building the project across three corridors. Earlier in November last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated a 30 km stretch between Miyapur and Nagole out of the 72 km long elevated metro project and there are 24 stations in the operational 30 km stretch.
Reddy said Hyderabad Metro is recording
footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day, and once we open remaining two
sections he is expecting that it will be five lakh passengers per day and from
there 15 lakh passengers in the next couple of years." Moreover on the
Ameerpet to LB Nagar (16 km) stretch, Reddy said any time in August it will be
opened for passengers. Further when reacting to another query on commercial
space demand (spaces within Metro Rail stations and malls adjoining the
stations), Reddy "the commercial space demand is excellent".
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers