Accordingly in 2010, the Indian government declared July 24 the National Income Tax Day. This is just six days before July 31, which is the last date for filing an income tax return (ITR) which is mandatory for anybody earning over Rs 250,000 annually. Meanwhile on an average, an urban professional falls under the tax bracket right from the beginning of his/her career.
Moreover taxes and returns are a critical part of responsible financial management, and hence it is imperative to file a tax return before the due date. Reports added that filing an ITR legitimizes one's earnings, and in case of excess tax paid to the government, one can always claim a refund. Furthermore even though it is not compulsory to file a return if the total income is below taxable limit, it is beneficial to do so. Accordingly the process also makes one eligible for loans, since the ITR of the three years gone is what banks require to judge the pay-back capacity of the loan seeker.
Moreover the absence of an ITR can also reduce the
chances of getting a visa to travel abroad. Further technical jargon and
excessive paperwork can make filing an ITR seem tedious, but this is now easier
than ever before and merely a few clicks away. Presently to begin with, you
need to have a few documents in place PAN card, bank account details, Form 16,
Form 26AS and proof of investments, which are useful for tax filing. Above all
one need to do is register on and follows guidelines. Furthermore after filing
ITR successfully, any excess tax paid will be credited to the bank account in
approximately three to four months.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open