New Delhi sources stated that Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday wrote to CBSE Chairperson Anita Karwal seeking an inquiry into the data breach of students who had appeared for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) earlier this year. Accordingly media reports had stated that a website had claimed it had access to details of over 2 lakh students along with their gender, roll numbers, rank and mobile numbers.
Recently the website had listed state wise data of candidates from Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand. Meanwhile the Congress President sought action from the CBSE and asked the education body to put in place effective safeguards to prevent future breaches.
Furthermore in a statement tweeted by the official
handle of the Congress, Rahul Gandhi wrote to CBSE Chairperson Anita Karwal that he was ‘shocked’
by this wide scale theft of personal data and added that this
has compromised the privacy of candidates across the country. He
stated that “This highlights the serious lack of safeguards to
prevent data breach and calls into question the ability of the CBSE to
ensure the sanctity of the examination process”.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues