As per report as income taxpayers scramble to file their returns before the July 31, the Income Tax department of Andhra and Telangana released highlights about last year’s income tax on Monday. Accordingly a Hyderabad based woman working with a city based Information Technology firm paid the highest income tax in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh last year. Meanwhile with a salary of Rs 30 crore per annum, the techie paid Rs 9 crore 30% of her annual salary as income tax for the financial year 2016-17.
SP Choudhary, Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax of AP and Telangana at the annual press conference of the I-T department held at Hyderabad on Monday said “The woman employee is the top salaried taxpayer in Hyderabad region, but she may not figure among the top salaried taxpayers at the national level as there would be many in other parts of the country”.
Moreover the top income tax payer in Vijayawada
Region is the Tirupathi based Amara Raja Batteries, owned by TDP MP Jayadev
Galla and his father Galla Ramachandra Naidu. Choudhury said “For the past two
years, Amara Raja has been the topmost income tax payer in Andhra and they have
invited Galla Ramachandra Naidu as a guest of honor for the I-T day
celebrations on Friday”.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?