As per report as income taxpayers scramble to file their returns before the July 31, the Income Tax department of Andhra and Telangana released highlights about last year’s income tax on Monday. Accordingly a Hyderabad based woman working with a city based Information Technology firm paid the highest income tax in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh last year. Meanwhile with a salary of Rs 30 crore per annum, the techie paid Rs 9 crore 30% of her annual salary as income tax for the financial year 2016-17.
SP Choudhary, Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax of AP and Telangana at the annual press conference of the I-T department held at Hyderabad on Monday said “The woman employee is the top salaried taxpayer in Hyderabad region, but she may not figure among the top salaried taxpayers at the national level as there would be many in other parts of the country”.
Moreover the top income tax payer in Vijayawada
Region is the Tirupathi based Amara Raja Batteries, owned by TDP MP Jayadev
Galla and his father Galla Ramachandra Naidu. Choudhury said “For the past two
years, Amara Raja has been the topmost income tax payer in Andhra and they have
invited Galla Ramachandra Naidu as a guest of honor for the I-T day
celebrations on Friday”.
Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project? Accordingly Jana Sena party president Pawan Kalyan has started the second phase of his ‘Praja Porata Yatra’ in Eluru of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. Previously in May, Pawan had toured in the interior parts of Srikakulam district and moreover in the yatra this time, Pawan is reaching out to people across West Godavari district in as many as seven assembly constituencies.
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week