Sources from Chennai added thanks to the GST rate cut, consumer durables, which have been witnessing a slower growth for the past six quarters, are expected to return to double digit growth with the sentiments improving during the festival season. Recently the government reduced the GST rates of refrigerators, freezing equipment, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and television sets measuring less than 27 inches from 28% to 18%.
Meanwhile in smaller appliances, the rate cut is applicable to food grinders, mixers, juice extractors, storage water heaters, immersion heaters, hair dryers, hand dryers and electric smoothing irons. Kamal Nandi, business head and EVP, Godrej Appliances said “The rate cut is applicable for a few products. But this will build positive sentiment during the festival season and hence propel growth. Further, a normal monsoon and increased agricultural income would support growth”.
Nandi added “It is a very positive move for us as
our sales numbers in washing machines and televisions would pick up
substantially and they have been waiting for this to happen and finally government
has cut the rates from 28% to 18% and GST is an opportunity for us to spur
demand and hence we would are not looking at any further hike for the festival
season”. Moreover the government also had reduced the GST rate of paints from
28% to 18% and the paint too is a fast moving category during festival and
Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches Accordingly affluent AC passengers are the prime suspects as over 21 lakh towels, bed sheets, blankets and other items went missing from air-conditioned coaches during 2017-18. As official said “The passengers are suspected to have made off with precisely 21,72,246 "bedroll items" including 12,83,415 hand towels, 4,71,077 bed sheets and 3,14,952 pillow covers from trains across the country
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!