Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan had election on Wednesday to elect a new National Assembly and provincial assemblies following a chaotic and distasteful election campaign marred by terror attacks and unprecedented accusations of interference by the military.
Meanwhile with former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in jail over corruption charges along with his daughter and son-in-law, the main contestants will be his demoralized Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), cricketer turned politician Imran Khan's PTI and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) with scores of smaller parties also in the fray. Furthermore Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI), which critics say has the covert backing of the military establishment, is said to enjoy a slight lead over its rivals and the flamboyant politician has threatened to upset the traditional political bigwigs.
Moreover there are among 260 candidates fielded under the umbrella of 'Allah-o-Akbar
Tehreek', which was registered with the Election Commission in 2011. Further the
last democratically elected government completed its full term on May 31 but by
then Pakistan was in turmoil, with Imran Khan launching a no-holds barred
attack on Nawaz Sharif, who was forced to step down as Prime Minister by a
court on corruption charges.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!