Chennai sources added that barely a month after the state transport department flagged off 515 new modernized and luxury buses, some of them have started developing technical snags in various parts of the state. Meanwhile transport workers complain that the new model buses were not built properly, higher-ups in the department say they will communicate the feedback to the manufacturing company to rectify the issues.
Recently the union members urged the transport department not to waste taxpayers’ money in the name of new sleeper class buses. Moreover M. Shanmugam, general secretary of Labor Progressive Federation (LPF), said that even as he earlier welcomed the government move to procure new buses, he was not happy with the maintenance of new buses.
Shanmugam added “At least, the transport department
should go through a proper tender process. If the buses are not fit, the
manufacturing company should return the amount allotted for building buses”.
Furthermore when sought for comment, PWC Davidar, additional chief secretary
(transport), told DC, “all new buses are properly operated and there may be
slight technical issues, as building of bodies and chassis of buses are manufactured
in separate places and have instructed transport region officials concerned to
communicate us about the issues for sending feedback to the manufacturing
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites