Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court on Wednesday set aside a lower court order discharging all the accused, including the Maran brothers, in the alleged illegal telephone exchange case. Meanwhile when allowing the appeal filed by the CBI, Justice G Jaichandran directed a special CBI court to frame charges and conclude the trial within 12 months from the date of receipt of the copy of the order.
Accordingly the special CBI court had in March discharged Dayanidhi Maran, his brother Kalanithi and others accused in the case. Recently the trial court had allowed the petitions filed by the Maran brothers and others seeking their discharge, holding that there was no prima facie case against them. Furthermore the CBI had alleged that an illegal private telephone exchange was set up at the residence of Dayanidhi Maran in Chennai during 2004-06 when he was the telecom minister and it was used for the business transactions involving the Sun Network owned by Kalanithi.
Moreover the central agency had alleged that
Dayanidhi Maran had caused a loss of Rs 1.78 crore to the exchequer. Further other
accused who were discharged are former BSNL general manager K Brahmanathan,
former deputy general manager M P Velusamy, Dayanidhi Maran's private secretary
Gauthaman and some Sun TV officials.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli